- Structures, codes and control; theory of the firm
- Financial distress and corporate recovery
- Shareholder activism/rights; voting rights, proxy/e-voting, proxy solicitation
- Corporate ownership structures, corporate restructuring
- Minority-majority shareholder conflict; investor/creditor protection
- Role of board committees and board of directors
- Board nomination, composition and performance
- Managerial behaviour, managerial entrenchment
- Incentive structures, executive compensation plans
- Agency issues, corporate contracting
- Business and financial ethics, corporate social responsibility
- Corporate law and securities law, (financial) (de)regulation
- Insider trading, conflicts of interests; institutional investor behaviour
- Financial reporting, disclosure, transparency, information asymmetry
- (Hostile) takeovers, market for corporate control/defences
More on this journal...
The principal object of IJCG is to create a venue for academicians and scholars in the field of corporate governance where they can disseminate their research and study ideas, thoughts, and empirical findings to the business community as well as to academia.Readership
The main readership of IJCG will be academic institution professors, researchers, graduate student, and business executives. The readership spectrum will also include: experts (consultants) in corporate governance, financial economists, legal practitioners, scholars in accounting, regulators, corporate management, and business professionals.Contents
IJCG publishes original papers, review papers, book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in corporate governance will occasionally be published.
More on permissions
IJCG is indexed in:
IJCG is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Donker, Han, University of Alaska Anchorage, USA
- Zahir, Saif, University of Northern British Columbia, Canada
Regional Editor China and Southeast Asia
- Liu, Chunhui, Southern University of Science and Technology, China
Regional Editor India and Southeast Asia
- Dayanandan, Ajit, University of Alaska Anchorage, USA
Regional Editor Middle East
- Trabelsi, Samir, Brock University, Canada
Editorial Board Members
- Bae, Kee-Hong, Queen's University, Canada
- Bebchuk, Lucian, Harvard Law School, USA
- DeJong, Doug, University of Iowa, USA
- Faccio, Mara, Purdue University, USA
- Goergen, Marc, Cardiff University, UK
- Hill, Jennifer, University of Sydney, Australia
- Jaffe, Jeffrey, University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Jong, Abe de, RSM Erasmus University, Netherlands
- Kraakman, Reinier, Harvard Law School, USA
- Li, Kai, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Macey, Jonathan, Yale Law School, USA
- McCahery, Joseph, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Thomsen, Steen, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Thorburn, Karin, Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth, USA
- Zhang, Guochang, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong SAR, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.