- New bio-inspired methodologies coming from:
- creatures living in nature
- artificial society
- physical/chemical phenomena
- New bio-inspired methodology analysis tools
- e.g. rough sets, stochastic processes, etc
- Applications associated with bio-inspired methodologies, e.g. bioinformatics, etc.
More on this journal...
The major goal of IJBIC is the publication of new research results on bio-inspired computation methods and their applications. IJBIC provides the scientific community and industry with a vehicle whereby ideas using two or more conventional and computational intelligence based techniques can be discussed.
Bio-inspired computation is an umbrella term for different computational approaches that are based on principles or models of biological systems. This class of methods, such as evolutionary algorithms, ant colony optimisation, and swarm intelligence, complements traditional techniques in the sense that the former can be applied to large-scale applications where little is known about the underlying problem and where the latter approaches encounter difficulties. Therefore, bio-inspired methods are becoming increasingly important in the face of the complexity of today's demanding applications, and accordingly they have been successfully used in various fields ranging from computer engineering and mechanical engineering to chemical engineering and molecular biology.
IJBIC is especially intended for furthering the overall understanding of new algorithms simulated with various bio-phenomena beyond the current focus, i.e. genetic algorithms, Tabu search, etc. Its objective is improvement in theory and applications of the bio-computation field. Algorithms should therefore be carefully designed and appropriately analysed, and authors are encouraged to assess the statistical validity of their results whenever possible.
IJBIC is aimed at professionals, academics, students, researchers and policy makers who are interested in the potential of bio-inspired techniques for solving problems. In particular, this includes people with backgrounds in computer science, mathematics, engineering, and quantitative management science.Contents
IJBIC publishes high-quality original papers, review articles and technical reports. Conference papers may be accepted if they have been substantially extended. Special issues of the journal that focus in on a particular aspect of the field are also published from time-to-time.
IJBIC is indexed in:
IJBIC is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Cui, Zhihua, Taiyuan University of Science and Technology, China
- Deb, Suash, Cambridge Institute of Technology, India
- Gams, Matjaz, Jozef Stefan Institute, Slovenia
- Sanyal, Sugata, Tata Consultancy Services, India
- Stojmenovic, Ivan, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Xiao, Renbin, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
- Yang, Xin-She, Middlesex University, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Abonyi, Janos, University of Veszprém, Hungary
- Abraham, Ajith, VSB - Technical University of Ostrava, Czech Republic
- Akerkar, Rajendra, Western Norway Research Institute (Vestlandsforsking), Norway
- Alex, Rajan, West Texas A&M University, USA
- Ayesh, Aladdin, De Montfort University, UK
- Camacho, David, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain
- Chbeir, Richard, Bourgogne University, France
- Chen, Zengqiang, Nankai University, China
- Cui, Zhiwei, Northwestern University, USA
- Dai, Chaohua, Southwest Jiaotong University, China
- De Carvalho, Andre Ponce de Leon F., University of Săo Paulo, Spain
- Fernández Martínez, Juan Luis, University of Oviedo, Spain
- Gao, Xiao-Zhi, Aalto University, Finland
- García Gonzalo, Maria Esperanza, University of Oviedo, Spain
- Gong, Maoguo, Xidian University, China
- Gross, Roderich, University of Sheffield, UK
- Hassanien, Aboul Ella, Cairo University, Egypt
- Kwasnicka, Halina, Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland
- Ludermir, Teresa B, Federal University of Pernambuco, Brazil
- Nedjah, Nadia, State University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Panigrahi, B.K., Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, India
- Parsopoulos, Konstantinos E., University of Ioannina, Greece
- Patnaik, Srikanta, SOA University and Interscience Institute of Management and Technology, Bhubaneswar, India
- Peters, James F., University of Manitoba, Canada
- Pichappan, Pit, Al-Imam Muhammad Ibn Saud University, Saudi Arabia
- Srivastava, Praveen Ranjan, Indian Institute of Management, Rohtak, India
- Tang, Ke, University of Science and Technology of China, China
- Vrahatis, Michael N., University of Patras, Greece
- Wang, Lei, Tongji University, China
- Zeng, Jianchao, Taiyuan University of Science and Technology, China
- Zeng, Sanyou, China University of Geosciences, China
- Zhang, Yi, Jilin Business and Technology College, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no fees for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.