- Philosophies, theories, governance structures
- Composition, tasks, behaviours, effectiveness of Boards
- Selection, remuneration, motivation of Boards/Executives
- Legal/statutory requirements of Boards
- Values, actions, behaviours of business leaders
- Strategies for effective stakeholder governance
- Stakeholder accounting/measurement of business actions
- Ethics of business actions, values/assumptions of business
- Social/societal implications of corporate wealth, power, domination
- Reconciling employee/business/community rights
- Government-business relationships and public accountability
- Challenge of ownership and responsibility
More on this journal...
IJBGE aims to critically explore business and managerial strategies, actions, responsibilities and accountabilities for survival in a highly transparent and dynamic global world.Readership
Professionals, academics, researchers, and managers .Contents
IJBGE publishes high quality papers from a wide variety of disciplinary orientations on the general subject of business governance and ethics. The journal style and dialogue will be inclusive and attempt to involve all those who are interested in issues of business governance and ethics: business leaders, managers, employees, stockholders, business regulators (government agencies, national and international), consumer groups, and academics.
The journal will publish theoretical (literature review based), empirical (work surveys and case studies) and critically reflective work (thought-leadership commentaries) describing and developing pertinent insights into the broad subject matter. The style will be, as far as possible, free from specialist jargon.
Browse issuesVol. 8
IJBGE is indexed in:
IJBGE is listed in:
- Ahmed, Pervaiz K., Monash University, Malaysia
- Machold, Silke, University of Wolverhampton, UK
- Bart, Christopher K., McMaster University, Canada
- Bezemer, Pieter-Jan, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Birch, David, Deakin University, Australia
- Callaghan, John, University of Salford, UK
- Clarke, Thomas, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
- Cowton, Christopher J., Huddersfield University, UK
- De Bettignies, Henri C., INSEAD, France
- Edgeman, Rick L., Aarhus University, Denmark
- Farquhar, Stuart, University of Wolverhampton, UK
- Hensler, Douglas A., Wichita State University, USA
- Hinna, Alessandro, University of Rome "Tor Vergata", Italy
- Ingley, Coral, AUT University, New Zealand
- Kakabadse, Nada K., University of Northampton, UK
- Kowalski, Tadeusz, The Poznan University of Economics, Poland
- Leblanc, Richard, York University, Canada
- Perez, Eloisa, MacEwan University, Canada
- Pierce, Chris, Institute of Directors, UK
- Smallman, Clive, Lincoln University, New Zealand
- Worrall, Les, University of Coventry, UK
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our information on preparing and submitting articles.