| Editor in Chief: Prof. Rajagopal |
ISSN online: 2046-4541
ISSN print: 2046-4533
4 issues per year
The built environment and commerce in urban habitats are interdependent. By-and-large, the built environment refers to human-made surroundings that provide the setting for human activity, ranging in scale from real estate to commercial and lifestyle centres promoting business activities in growing cities. IJBEAM addresses the economics and management issues of commercial complexes, real estate, urban design, and marketing in urban areas; it does not address topics concerning physical buildings, construction, civil engineering, housing and building infrastructure-related topics.
- Shopping malls, retail parks
- Recreational/lifestyle/health and fitness centres
- Leisure center management, sports establishments
- Hotels, casinos, resorts, timesharing
- Warehouse retailing
- High street, supermarkets, food/coffee shops
- Leisure/holiday parks, recreational/public parks
- Transport facilities
- Drive-in theaters, museum management, exhibitions
- Technology parks
- Construction, ergonomics, facilities planning
- Consumer behaviour, sales and services management
- Real estate
- Tenancy management
- Retailing, routes to market, trade fairs
More on this journal...
The principal objective of IJBEAM is to serve as an academic colloquium for publication of refereed research papers of high quality related to urban design, real estate, commercial centres, leisure parks, sports complex in the urban habitat, and to bring together the innovative academic insights for academics and practicing managers. The journal aims at developing an interdisciplinary knowledge base meeting academic research and management practices applied in the area of built environment and asset management. The international dimension of the journal is emphasised towards research converging architectural, social, legal, economic, political and technology that lead to market dynamics to offer advanced knowledge and management skills on the subject. The scope of IJBEAM also includes policy and planning issues for pursuing research in areas of built environment and business dynamics in fast growing urban society.Readership
IJBEAM provides motivation, knowledge and tools to improve competitive decision skills to professionals, academics, researchers and practicing managers and consultants associated with construction and business firms.Contents
IJBEAM encourages to publishing original papers, review papers, best practices, management notes and case studies related to built environment and dynamic business perspectives. Important topics such as construction economics, real estate management, retailing, leisure and commerce, value chains, business leadership and competitive technology will published in special issues of the journal from time to time.
More on permissions
IJBEAM is indexed in:
IJBEAM is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Rajagopal, Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education, ITESM, Mexico
Regional Editor Asia and Pacific
- Sankaran, Shankar, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
Regional Editor Latin America and Caribbean
- Castaño, Raquel, Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education, ITESM, Mexico
Regional Editor North America
- Singh, A.J., Michigan State University, USA
Regional Editor UK and Europe
- Perez, Alona Martinez, University of Ulster, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Basu, Sanghamitra, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India
- Chakravorty, Sanjoy, Temple University , USA
- Chandran, Ravi, Indian Institute of Management Indore, India
- Ghose, Kamal, Lincoln University, New Zealand
- Jongwanich, Juthathip, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand
- Keoy, Kay Hooi, UCSI University , Malaysia
- Lugli, Gianpiero, University of Parma , Italy
- Mora, Jose Antonio Nunez, Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education, ITESM, Mexico
- Moulard, Julie Guidry, Lousiana Sate University, USA
- Nataraajan, Rajan, Auburn University, USA
- Saadh, Ashish, Indian Institute of Management Indore, India
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our preparing and submitting articles page.