- Grinding, finishing, deburring, lapping, polishing, honing etc.
- Truing, dressing, ELID for grinding
- Abrasive jet machining/processing
- Abrasive flow machining
- Loose/suspended abrasive particle machining/polishing
- Hybrid super-finishing processes
- In-process measurement/monitoring
- Metrology for precision/ultra-precision machining
- Abrasives and tools, tribology
- Precision/ultra-precision and abrasive machining
- Micro-machining, super-finish/nano-surfacing
- Surface characterisation/evaluation
- Silicon wafer and brittle materials processing
- Ecological/environmentally-friendly coolants/cooling
- Teaching and learning innovations
More on this journal...
The objectives of IJAT are to provide a prime forum and communication channel for the interchange of information among academic researchers and industrial practitioners on the science, technologies and applications associated with precision and abrasive processing engineering.Readership
Academics, researchers, industrial practitioners and university students specialising in manufacturing processes, precision engineering, abrasive processes and related fields.Contents
IJAT publishes original research papers, review papers, technical papers and notes, short communications, case studies, and book reviews. Special issues devoted to the development of important topics in abrasive technology will be published periodically to compile selected papers from submissions to significant international conferences and symposiums and invited papers from prominent researchers.
More on permissions
IJAT is indexed in:
IJAT is listed in:
Honorary Chief Editor
- Jun Wang, The University of New South Wales, Australia
Editor in Chief
- Chen, Xun, Liverpool John Moores University, UK
- Huang, Chuanzhen, Shandong University, China
- Krajnik, Peter, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Ohashi, Kazuhito, Okayama University, Japan
- Xu, Xipeng, Huaqiao University, China
- Marinescu, Ioan D., The University of Toledo, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Aoyama, Hideki, Keio University, Japan
- Azarhoushang, Bahman, Hochschule Furtwangen University, Germany
- Butler, David L., Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Chao, Choung Lii, Tamkang University, Taiwan
- Chen, Chao-Chang Arthur, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
- Chen, Ming, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Choi, Honzong, Korea Institute of Industrial Technology, South Korea
- Denkena, Berend, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Germany
- Gan, Yong X., California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, USA
- Gao, Hang, Dalian University of Technology, China
- Gao, Yongsheng, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Guo, Dongming, Dalian University of Technology, China
- Huang, Han, The University of Queensland, Australia
- Jiang, Zhengyi, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Kang, Renke, Dalian University of Technology, China
- Kuriyagawa, Tsunemoto, Tohoku University, Japan
- Liao, Yunn-Shiuan, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
- Li, Xingsheng, CSIRO, Australia
- Morgan, Michael, Liverpool John Moores University, UK
- Ohmori, Hitoshi, RIKEN, Japan
- Paul, Soumitra, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India
- Shi, Zhongde, National Research Council of Canada (NRC), Canada
- Slocum, Alexander, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Tawakoli, Taghi, Hochschule Furtwangen University, Germany
- Tso, Pei-Lum, National Tsing-Hua University, Taiwan
- Walker, David, University College London, UK
- Wang, Chengyong, Guangdong University of Technology, China
- Wu, Yongbo, Akita Prefectural University, Japan
- Yuan, Julong, Zhejiang University of Technology, China
- Yui, Akinori, National Defense Academy, Japan
- Zhang, Bi, University of Connecticut, USA
- Zhang, Feihu, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- Zhang, Liangchi, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Zhou, Libo, Ibaraki University, Japan
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our preparing and submitting articles page.