- New media arts, science and technology
- Interactive/visual theatre, neurobiological base of acting, digital/wearable cinema
- Augmented performance in dance
- Artificial intelligence-based art practice, web art and postmodernism
- Using analysis of artworks in conjunction with AmI to produce novel objects
- Using AmI to promote the creativity of a human user
- Autonomic sensor networks and wearable computers in the performing arts
- Computer vision and optical tracking for music and dance performance
- Cognitive intelligence and natural intelligence for the arts
- Collaborative distributed environments
- Evolutionary art systems that create drawings/images/animations/sculptures/poetry/text
- Evolutionary music systems that create musical pieces/sounds/instruments/voices
- Choreographing media for interactive virtual environments
- New media actors, new media aesthetics
- Social and ethical issues in the arts and technology
More on this journal...
The objectives of IJART are to address new works, research and performances in the multi-disciplinary emerging area of new technologies and the arts – and to provide a common platform under which this artwork can be published and disseminated. IJART provides a high-quality platform for this purpose.Readership
IJART provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers ,artists, museum curators, and graduate students working in the field of arts and technology, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.Contents
IJART publishes original research papers, review papers, artworks, performances, conference reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in the arts and new technologies will occasionally be published.
IJART is indexed in:
IJART is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Vasilakos, Athanasios, University of Western Macedonia, Greece
- Wan, Jiafu, South China University of Technology, China
- Brooks, Tony, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Chen, Min, Seoul National University, Republic of Korea
- Cheok, Adrian David, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Draisin, Maya, International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences (IADAS), USA
- El-Nasr, Magy Seif, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Fisher, Scott S., University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
- Fishwick, Paul, University of Florida, USA
- Grau, Oliver, Danube University, Austria
- Gross, Tom, University of Bamberg, Germany
- Hu, Jun, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands
- Inakage, Masa, Keio University, Japan
- Ishii, Hiroshi, MIT Media Laboratory, USA
- Kato, Hirokazu, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Japan
- Lee, Newton, Institute for Education, Research, and Scholarships, USA
- Maes, Patti, MIT Media Laboratory, USA
- Marranca, Bonnie, PAJ Publications, USA
- Natkin, Stéphane, Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers, France
- Pan, Zhigeng, Zhejiang University, China
- Pentland, Alex (Sandy), MIT Media Laboratory, USA
- Rokem, Freddie, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Salem, Ben, Kwansei Gakuin University, Japan
- Sarfraz, Muhammad, Kuwait University, Kuwait
- Selker, Ted, MIT Media Laboratory, USA
- Shu, Lei, Guangdong University of Petrochemical Technology, China
- Vercoe, Barry, MIT Media Laboratory, USA
- Wilson, Stephen, San Francisco State University, USA
- Xiong, Neal Naixue, Colorado Technical University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.