- Governance/management of agriculture on the human side
- Environmental and ecological impacts of agriculture
- Ecological economics applied to agriculture
- Definition of ''quality''in food production
- Development of an adaptive eco-system approach to agriculture
- Globalisation and trade liberalisation affecting agriculture
- Coevolution, biodiversity and non-equilibrium systems
- Issues of research relating to agriculture
- The production of quality food
- Ecological and green agriculture, animal welfare, pollution management
- Ecological economics and heterodox approaches to complex problems
- Analysis/assessment of policies in relation to agriculture/environment
- Equity and gender issues in agriculture
- Development, environment and agriculture
- Sustainability, agriculture and environment disciplines
More on this journal...
The objectives of IJARGE
are to establish an effective channel of communication between policy makers, government agencies, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with the complex role of agriculture in society. It also aims to promote and coordinate developments in the field of agricultural resources. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological and ecological change and changes in the global economy.
Professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers.Contents
IJARGE publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, and notes, commentaries, and news. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
More on permissions
IJARGE is indexed in:
IJARGE is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Walter Leal Filho, Hamburg University of Applied Sciences, Germany
(all correspondence to Deputy Editor)
- Al-Amin, Abul Quasem Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia
- Rao, Prakash Symbiosis International University, India
- Nyamai, Dorcas Nthoki, Kenya
Editorial Board Members
- Agarwal, Bina, University of Delhi, India
- Azar, Christian, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Barkin, David, Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana Xochimilco, Mexico
- Bateman, Ian J., University of East Anglia, UK
- Bergland, Olvar, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Norway
- Brouwer, Floor, LEI Wageningen UR, Netherlands
- Byron, Neil, Productivity Commission, Australia
- Diesendorf, Mark, University of New South Wales, Australia
- El-Beltagy, Adel, International Centre for Agricultural Research in Dry Areas, Syrian Arab Republic
- Folmer, Henk, Wageningen University, Netherlands
- Gowdy, John M., Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA
- Hampicke, Ulrich, Ernst-Moritz-Arndt-Universitt, Germany
- Hodge, Ian, University of Cambridge, UK
- Jiggins, Janice, Netherlands
- Köhn, Jörg, Germany
- Kamiya, Mitsugi, Food and Agriculture Policy Research Center, Japan
- Kennedy, John, La Trobe University, Australia
- Kephaliacos, Charles, Universit de Toulouse, France
- Peet, John, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- Röling, Niels, Wageningen Agricultural University, Netherlands
- Ramakrishnan, P.S., Jawaharlal Nehru University, India
- Randall, Alan, Ohio State University, USA
- Russell, Clifford S., USA
- Söderbaum, Peter, Mlardalen University, Sweden
- Segura-Bonilla, Olman, Centro Intl. Politica Economica (CINPE), Costa Rica
- Southgate, Douglas, Ohio State University, USA
- Sun, Zhenjun, China Agricultural University, China
- Swanson, Tim, University College London, UK
- Tisdell, Clem, University of Queensland, Australia
- Turner, R.K., University of East Anglia, UK
- Van der Straaten, Jan, Tilburg University, Netherlands
- Weber, Jacques, Institut Franais de la Biodiversit, France
- Xepapadeas, Anastasios, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
- Young, Mike, CSIRO Land and Water, Australia
- Zylicz, Tomasz, Warsaw University, Poland
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no fees for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.