- Multimedia communications and Internet systems
- P2P protocols and network overlays
- Video/audio streaming and content delivery networks
- Distributed multimedia technology, protocols, services
- Multimedia information description, discovery, usage
- Multimedia content processing
- Collaborative environments
- Security and intellectual property management
- Educational multimedia and e-learning
- Medical media, communications, and applications
- Virtual reality and new media
- Massively multiuser virtual environments, online gaming
More on this journal...
aims at publishing high quality research papers produced by academics, engineers and invited guests on a variety of topics related to advanced multimedia communications. The research papers selected for publication in the journal are subject to an extensive review process by both internal and external referees. The mission of IJAMC
- To advance international research on multimedia communications by publishing high quality articles
- To expose the reader to various interdisciplinary use of new media
- To provide an authoritative journal for readers
IJAMC provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in the field of information technology, telecommunications, computer science, and electrical engineering to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJAMC publishes original papers, review papers, case studies. Special Issues devoted to important topics in advanced media communications will occasionally be published. Excellent papers from international conferences are also published in this journal.
IJAMC is indexed in:
IJAMC is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Armitage, Grenville, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- Claypool, Mark, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA
- Darlagiannis, Vasilios, EPFL IC LSIR, Switzerland
- Dispert, Helmut, Kiel University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Hefeeda, Mohamed, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Hosseini, Mojtaba, Magor Communications Corp, Canada
- Iglesias, Rosa, Ikerlan Research Centre, Spain
- Ko, Franz I.S., Dongguk University, Republic of Korea
- Lang, Jochen, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Liu, Peter X., Carleton University, Canada
- Oliveira, Jauvane C. de, National Laboratory for Scientific Computation - LNCC / MCT, Brazil
- Ooi, Wei Tsang, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Pakravan, Mohammad Reza, Sharif University of Technology, Iran
- Petriu, Dorina C., Carleton University, Canada
- Rensing, Christoph, Technische Universitšt Darmstadt, Germany
- Rimac, Ivica, Bell Laboratories, USA
- Sakr, Ziad, University of Trinidad and Tobago, Trinidad and Tobago
- Sawyer, Steve, Syracuse University, USA
- Shirmohammadi, Shervin, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Smari, Waleed, University of Dayton, USA
- Zink, Michael, University of Massachusetts, USA
- Zwass, Vladimir, Fairleigh Dickinson University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF)†is available.
- There are no fees for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.