Special Issue on: "Recent and Future Trends of Sustainable Technologies"
Dr. Ramesh C. Poonia, Amity University, India
Prof. Reena Dadhich, University of Kota, India
Prof. Dharm Singh Jat, Namibia University of Science and Technology, Namibia
Prof. Gai-Ge Wang, Jiangsu Normal University, China
Sustainable technology is not only an emerging field of research in information and communications technology (ICT), but has also become the need of the current era.
At present, most devices and systems are connected via wireless technologies, and numerous emerging solutions and applications are based on wireless communications. Wireless communication is a negotiation between the developments of technology and needs to maintain ecological, economic and social balance. Therefore, efforts are underway to go beyond state-of-the-art protocols and mechanisms for sustainable technologies. Thus, the next generation of sustainable technology is expected to meet the demands of various challenging uses that go far beyond the distribution of voice, video and data.
The aim of this special issue is to present research articles on all kinds of trends in sustainable technologiesí protocols and technologies. We seek original work focused on addressing new research and development challenges and developing smart and effective techniques and advanced information technology solutions for sustainability from GIS, remote sensing, sensors, protocol evaluation, simulation and modelling, infrastructure and machine architectures, middleware, applications, runtime and programming point of view.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Agricultural informatics and communication
- 5G technologies
- Wireless vehicular communications
- Wireless sensor networks
- Reliable wireless communications
- Future QoS requirements of wireless networks
- LTE-A and heterogeneous wireless networks
- Wireless communication technologies for smart mobility
- Security and privacy concerns in wireless communications
- IoT and wireless communication requirements
- Novel wireless protocol designs
- Energy-efficient wireless communications
- Analysis of the challenges of existing wireless systems
- Co-existence of wireless communication technologies
- Simulation field trials/testbed implementations
- Emerging trends in smart and sustainable agriculture
- IoT for sustainable agriculture
- Smart sensors, sensing mechanisms and platforms
- Real-time monitoring system
- Intelligent computational techniques in precision agriculture
- Role of big data in smart and sustainable agriculture
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
Manuscripts due by: 15 June, 2018