Int. J. of Business Continuity and Risk Management   »   2017 Vol.7, No.1



You can view the full text of this article for Free access using the link below.



Title: Regional business continuity management comparative analysis


Author: Abednico Lopang Montshiwa


Address: Department of Management Science and Technology, Graduate School of Engineering, Tohoku University, 661180 Aza-Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi 980-8579, Japan


Abstract: This paper presents a comparative analysis between Asian and North American automobile parts markers' perspective on business continuity management. To undertake this task, a survey was carried on automobile parts markers in North America and Asia. Asian companies accounted for 60% of the responses while the remaining 40% were from North America. Regression analysis was employed to establish cause and effect, while Smart PLS computed the direct and total effects among variables in the study. SmartPLS 3.0 results suggested that Asian companies' continuity management practices were built to address diverse challenges (multiple standards, different economic and environmental challenges) than the North American ones. For instance, Asian company responses indicated that big company size significantly affected both natural risk ranking and BIA while that is not the case with North American companies. The studies cross analysis established that a well-organised supply chain network had a quicker response system for both regions.


Keywords: business continuity management; business impact analysis; BIA; supply chain cooperation; SCC; risk ranking; competitive advantages; recovery time.


DOI: 10.1504/IJBCRM.2017.10004438


Int. J. of Business Continuity and Risk Management, 2017 Vol.7, No.1, pp.1 - 28


Submission date: 15 Jan 2016
Date of acceptance: 13 May 2016
Available online: 10 Apr 2017



Editors Full text accessFree access Free accessComment on this article